Hi friends, and welcome back! Is anyone else in total shock that there are less than two months left in 2017? How is this even possible?! I feel like I was just preparing for summer vacation, and now it’s time to make Christmas lists and holiday plans. Crazy!
I’ve been working hard behind-the-scenes on some new Bible studies (yes, “studies” as in more than one!). First up – a brand new, two-week study through Galatians.
I blogged about one of my favorite verses in Galatians as part of our “Assurance” study last spring, but there’s so much more to this small book than the promise we find in Galatians 6:9.
Paul’s letter to the people of Galatia answers a fundamental question we’ve all wrestled with at some point: Are we saved by faith alone or by faith plus good works? We’re told we are saved through faith alone, but can it really be that simple? Can we truly experience freedom and life in Christ simply by proclaiming that he is leader and Lord of our life?
The answer is a resounding yes.
We are saved by faith alone – we don’t have to work for it; we don’t have to deserve it; we don’t have to prove ourselves worthy. When we proclaim our faith in Jesus alone, we are saved from our sin, and we can experience the fullness of life in Christ.
Over the next two weeks, we’ll talk about harnessing the power of the Holy Spirit, about being part of God’s family, about freedom and confession and forgiveness, about graciously accepting ourselves the way God graciously accepts us.
Are you in?
Here’s what you need to know:
- We’ll be using the “SOAP” method for our devotional -- SOAP is a way of reading the Bible where you choose a Scripture, Observe what’s going on in that passage, figure out the Application for your life, and then end in Prayer.
- We’ll read a few verses together everyday – Galatians is only six chapters, so we’ll be able to thoroughly dive into it over the next ten days.
- I’ll post a new devotional Monday through Friday at 5:00 a.m., beginning on Monday, November 13th.
- If you want to receive each morning’s devotional delivered straight to your inbox, simply subscribe below.
- Invite someone to do this with you! Send them a link to this post, or share the graphics on your social media account.
See you Monday!